If you are considering filing bankruptcy, you will be asked to provide your bankruptcy attorney (yes, you should use an attorney and not file the bankruptcy yourself … more on that in other posts) with the last 6 months of your pay stubs if you receive a paycheck with taxes and deductions taken out.
If you have not saved them for the last 6 months, you will need to contact your human resources or payroll department and request a print out of the last 6 months of pay stubs or pay documentation. The print out will need to reflect the gross pay, deductions and net pay for each pay period, whether you are paid weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly.
If you are not sure whether the documents your employer provides you are sufficient for your attorney to use, provide them to your attorney and she can tell you whether they will work for preparing your bankruptcy case.
photo credit: JulianBleecker via photopin cc