At the conclusion of an individual’s bankruptcy case, the court enters an order closing the case, and a copy of this order is sent to the debtor. Unless the trustee has assets to distribute to creditors, case closing takes place fairly quickly in Chapter 7 cases. In Chapter 13, the case will not be closed until after the debtor finishes making payments under the plan. The case will also be closed if the court enters an order of dismissal.
- We are open for business and so is the Bankruptcy Court !
- Can you file bankruptcy without ever coming in to our office ?
- What happens in Bankruptcy Court ? (VIDEOS)
- Bankruptcy is Forgiveness of Debt: A Principle as Old as the Bible
- John Rogers, Attorney at Law Selected as 2020 Bankruptcy Super Lawyer