Yes, in most cases. Unlike Chapter 7, where the debtor can usually stop a foreclosure or repossession only if the creditor agrees to a reaffirmation, a debtor in Chapter 13 may provide for car and mortgage payments in the Chapter 13 plan, and the creditor may be required to accept these payments instead of proceeding with foreclosure or repossession.
- We are open for business and so is the Bankruptcy Court !
- Can you file bankruptcy without ever coming in to our office ?
- What happens in Bankruptcy Court ? (VIDEOS)
- Bankruptcy is Forgiveness of Debt: A Principle as Old as the Bible
- John Rogers, Attorney at Law Selected as 2020 Bankruptcy Super Lawyer