Stay Violation – A creditor who posts a sign in the debtor’s community which reads, “[Name of debtor] OWES ME $[dollar amount] WILL YOU PLEASE COME AND PAY ME!” is required to pay the debtor actual and punitive damages for violation of the debtor’s automatic stay. In re Collier, 2009 WL 1024684 (Bankr.E.D.Tex. Apr 07, 2009)
- We are open for business and so is the Bankruptcy Court !
- Can you file bankruptcy without ever coming in to our office ?
- What happens in Bankruptcy Court ? (VIDEOS)
- Bankruptcy is Forgiveness of Debt: A Principle as Old as the Bible
- John Rogers, Attorney at Law Selected as 2020 Bankruptcy Super Lawyer