A mandatory debtor education program is required in connection with Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 cases that can help debtors understand how to re-establish and maintain good credit. Also, after discharge in Chapter 7 or 13, debtors may be able to obtain a “secured” credit card, which requires that the debtor deposit funds with the credit card issuer. This provides the opportunity to show responsible use of credit, which is a major factor in any issuer’s credit decisions. (Other major factors are length of employment and length of residency.)
- We are open for business and so is the Bankruptcy Court !
- Can you file bankruptcy without ever coming in to our office ?
- What happens in Bankruptcy Court ? (VIDEOS)
- Bankruptcy is Forgiveness of Debt: A Principle as Old as the Bible
- John Rogers, Attorney at Law Selected as 2020 Bankruptcy Super Lawyer